Random Ramblings and Random things I find all over the Internet....sometimes things come to me, so I need to interrupt you....



Friday, October 14, 2011

oh and on a sidenote...

Movie review time!!!!So I found www.free-horror-movies.com while wasting my time surfing the net. Now I'm wasting my time watching horror movies. Because you know I don't watch them enough as it is. And I don't have to actually download them, GIANT bonus.
So I decided to go with an oldie but a goodie that I've watched a million times and I know I still have it on VHS somewhere around here.
CHILDREN OF THE CORN (1984)

Oh the epic-ness of this movie! How could you not love religious based torture and murder....especially when it's all that the hands of children/teenagers?!?! The creep factor is fantastic, homicidal kids just creep me, right the fuck out. And I have a Stephen King addiction, so really even if it's horrible chances are I would still watch it and enjoy it. This was a short story in his novel The Night Shift. Also awesome.
And I guess if you've been living under a rock I'll give you a brief run down.
We have a couple (Peter Horton and Linda Hamilton) who stumble upon a deserted town only to discover that all the adults were murdered and the place is being run by religious fanatic children. The children are being lead by Isaac, who are all worshipping "He who walks behind the rows" Which yep you guessed it is in a corn field. Some blood, guts, and alot of creepy music. How does it all turn out?! GO WATCH IT muahahahahahahaaaa.
Now there has been a million sequels and a few remakes, all of which I haven't seen. Why? Well I didn't want to taint my love for the orginial but I think I may break down and do it anyways *sigh*
And here's the run down of all the others made.
  • Disciples of the Crow (1983) (original low ass budget film)

  • Children of the Corn (1984)

  • Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice (1993)

  • Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest (1995)

  • Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering (1996)

  • Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror (1998)

  • Children of the Corn 666: Isaac's Return (1999)

  • Children of the Corn: Revelation (2001)

  • Children of the Corn (2009) (2009)

  • Children of the Corn: Genesis (2011



  • I think I'll browse the movie site tonight and see what I can find.



    4 comments:

    1. Oh my lord! I was telling my spawn about this movie the other day (it was one of my favs as a teen) but we couldn't find a copy anywhere.

      Thanks for the link, will definitely be checking it out.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your Welcome!
      Oh let me know what you've been watching! We'll compare notes!!!
      I watched Session 9 the other night....creepy, but slow. But, to be honest I love terrible movies. So I dont think anyone should actually hold me to my movie reviews LMAO

      ReplyDelete
    3. It took me ages to find this movie and then when I do, I get sidetracked by the original 'Ring' instead.

      I bloody love this site!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oh Oh you watched the Japanese one?!
      Something about Japanese horror movies is just down right creepy....well most of the time. The rest are just like having an acid trip with subtitles...

      ReplyDelete